North East Rottweiler Rescue & Referral, Inc. Liability Waiver
A. Personal Information
Phone Number___________________ Alt. Phone (cell or pager)________________
E-Mail Address ____________________________________________________
B. Liability Waiver
I, _________________________________, certify that the information provided on this form is true and correct. I understand that as a volunteer for NERR&R I provide my own automobile and health insurance, and hereby agree to not hold NERR&R, Inc. or any of its volunteers, associates or foster care providers liable for any physical, emotional or property damages that are a direct or indirect result of activities involved in the placement, transport, grooming, training or evaluating of Rottweilers in any way associated with NERR&R. This includes any and all activities I perform as a NERR&R volunteer.
I have read NERR&R's policies and code of conduct_____(init.) and agree to act in accordance with them while I am representing NERR&R. (A copy of the code of conduct appears on the following page).
I understand the volunteer coordinator will notify me once I have been approved.
I also understand that I must reaffirm my volunteer status with NERR&R on an annual basis via an online form described on the following page.
After signing and initialing this document, please mail to:
North East Rottweiler Rescue & Referral Inc
PO Box 6456
Portland, ME 04102
You may also scan it in to your computer and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
CODE OF CONDUCT
- 1. Volunteers are required to complete a volunteer application and sign a liability waiver stating that they have read and agreed to NERR&R policies. Volunteers will be required to reaffirm their status as an active volunteer with NERR&R on an annual basis by logging on to www.rottrescue.org and completing the designated renewal form.
2. A volunteer may not participate in any NERR&R activities until a signed volunteer waiver has been received by the Volunteer Coordinator. Volunteers and foster families are approved by the Volunteer and Foster Coordinators respectively.
3. NERR&R’s Get Active campaign requires that volunteers perform a minimum of two activities related to the rescue group during the calendar year.
4. Foster families are approved in the same manner as adoptions. Families whose application is rejected will receive a letter stating the reason for rejection.
5. NERR&R volunteers are required to use official NERR&R forms for all NERR&R business. Forms will be turned over to the appropriate coordinator in a timely manner.
6. Volunteers may not make public statements on behalf of NERR&R without prior approval of the Board of Directors.
7. Volunteers may not leave a dog unattended at an event for greater than 15 minutes at a time. If a dog brought to an event on behalf of NERR&R behaves inappropriately or shows aggression to people or other animals, the dog will be removed from the event by a volunteer. Sick dogs will not be permitted at an event.
8. Volunteers are not permitted to bring personal dogs to NERR&R sponsored adoption events or events that they may staff on behalf of NERR&R unless previously approved by a NERR&R board member. Exceptions to this specifically include events in which a volunteer will be competing or demonstrating on behalf of their dog/self, events that are designed for social purposes that include personal dogs, and events that are designed as fund raisers that may include personal dogs. Personal dogs should not be present in the adoptions/education booth for any of these exceptions.
9. NER&R is a volunteer organization with no paid positions. We ask that all volunteers remember that each person is giving of his or her time voluntarily for the common good of rescuing and re-homing stable Rottweilers; as such we recognize that there will be differing opinions from time to time. Each volunteer agrees to express such opinions in a courteous and constructive manner be it on line, in person, or via the various NER&R Yahoo groups. Failure to do so shall not be tolerated.
Any volunteer who feels that he/she needs assistance may reach a Board member in writing to make the action known.
Further to this, any and all volunteers must conduct themselves in a professional yet friendly manner at all public NERR& R events. Volunteers represent NERR&R and are expected to dress and act appropriately at all times at NERR&R events and interactions on behalf of NERR&R.
Volunteers may be asked to discontinue their service to NERR&R at any time if the board deems this action is appropriate. Misconduct or violation of NERR&R's policies by any volunteer or board member may be reported to the NERR&R Board of Directors, the Volunteer Coordinator or to the Regional Volunteer Coordinator.
Copyright 2014 North East Rottweiler Rescue & Referral, Inc.
• All rights reserved •
• All rights reserved •